4/10/2013

ROOT5.22 doesn't have TFitResult

I was to include root/include/TFitResultPtr.h in my c/c++ fitting routine. But I was told "No such file..." I found this class was not included in the root version 5.22, which I got from fink! (Yes, I'm getting old.) I have 3 choces:
(1) to upgrade 5.22 in my current MacBookPro,
(2) to install a brand new 5.34, or
(3) to find another way in 5.22 without TFitResultPtr.
My estimate for required elapse time for each case is as follows.
(1) a week, (2) 3 days, (3) 1 day
I take (3).
....Result
I was right. It took a few 10 minuits to find the information I needed was
available through TF1 object used in the fit for TGraph.

lesson:
If you don't find an object in your old root, find another way to obtain the information you need. It can not be happen that there is no way in 5.22.


No comments:

Post a Comment